Grade 4 - Age 21
In the summer, before our professional Mainstage Season, young people have a chance to perform on the Charlotte Martin Stage in Summer Season.
To schedule an audition, please call the Drama School at (206) 443-0807 ext. 1186.
Summer Season General Auditions:
Saturday, March 19 1:00-4:00pm
Monday, March 21 4:00-6:00pm
Tuesday, March 22 4:00-5:30pm
Thursday, March 24 4:00-5:00pm
Saturday, March 26 10:00am-4:00pm
Tuesday, March 29 4:00-8:00pm
Saturday, April 2 10:00am-4:00pm
Tuesday, April 5 12:00-2:00pm
Thursday April 7 6:00-8:00pm
Saturday, April 9 10:00am-4:00pm
Monday, April 11 12:00-2:00pm and 4:00-8:00pm
Callbacks will be throughout the day on Saturday, April 23.
Check out our current Summer Season Lineup, including rehearsal and performance schedules.
Take an Audition Workshop.
Apply for Financial Aid for Summer Season Tuition.
Below is some general information about Summer Season.
- Grade guidelines for Summer Season shows are approximate; we do make exceptions. However, students must be in 3rd grade or above to audition. We will audition students up to age 21.
- Any child who falls within the age/grade guidelines may audition for Summer Season. Out-of-towners may make arrangements to audition by video.
- For Summer Season we ask that you memorize and present a monologue approximately one minute long. We provide a packet of monologue possibilities to all who sign up to audition.
- If you would like to be considered for the Summer Season musicals, in addition to a monologue, we ask that you prepare about one minute of a song—usually one verse and one chorus or thirty-two measures—and bring appropriate sheet music for the pianist. We provide a list of suggested song titles to all who sign up to audition.
- Every student who auditions for Summer Season is considered for all age-appropriate plays. Students with scheduling conflicts and program preferences should write those on their audition form. Summer Season and YAI auditions also count as placement auditions. All students who audition will receive information on the classes they are eligible to take based on their audition and experience.
- In addition to monologue and song auditions, each Summer Season show will have a callback. A callback is a second audition at which students work on material from a specific production. We invite selected students to callbacks after the auditions have taken place. We will notify all students by email as to whether or not they have been called back for any Summer Season shows. If we do not call you back for a specific show it does not mean you will not be cast in that show. Not all students who are called back will be cast. We post specific callback times for each show at the initial audition.
- We usually cast about half of all who audition. All actors who audition will be notified by email if they have been cast or not, usually by May 1. Specific parts will not be confirmed until the second day of rehearsal. For those students accepted, we require a non-refundable $100 deposit by May 8 in order to confirm your space in the program.
- Summer Season shows usually rehearse Monday through Friday for four weeks, except there are no rehearsals on Monday, July 4, and no rehearsals after a show opens.
- Summer Season rehearsals are usually 3 ½ hours long. All actors are called for all rehearsals.
- Each Summer Season show has three performances over one weekend on the Charlotte Martin Stage, usually Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Class Placement Auditions
- Tuesday, December 8, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Thursday, December 17, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Call (206) 443-0807 ext. 1186 for an appointment.
Students may audition if they wish to take any class in their age group for which they have not completed the prerequisites. Use the schedule above, and call the Education office at 206.443.0807 ext. 1186 to schedule an appointment. At the audition, students will be asked to demonstrate the skills appropriate to the class:
Acting 2, Acting 3, Performance Labs, Advanced Training Intensive - Present a memorized monologue one minute long.
Improv Troupe - We will provide some improv exercises at the audition.