Young Actor Institute
Spend six weeks immersed in intensive theatre training with some of Seattle's finest theatre professionals.
We created Young Actor Institute to train students entering grade 10 to age 21 to work as professional actors. We provide intense, in-depth classes in a wide variety of theatre performing arts, each taught by a working professional in that field who is also an outstanding teacher. YAI students train in theatre for six weeks, five days a week, eight hours a day. Developing the ability to sustain concentration throughout the process is one of the most important skills that YAI students take away from the program. The YAI faculty works together to develop an integrated curriculum teaching classes in a wide variety of subjects:
- Movement for the Actor
- Voice for the Actor
- Singing for the Theatre
- Dance for the Theatre
- Scene Study and Auditioning
Required Orientation Workshop:
- Saturday June 20, 12:30 - 2:30pm, at Seattle Children's Theatre
- In Summer 2015, the University of Washington will host YAI. Classes will meet at Hutchinson Hall.
- June 22 - July 31
- Monday through Friday (No class on Friday, July 3)
- 9:00am - 5:00pm (There may be extended training hours on Thursday, July 30)
- August 1 & 2, 4:00pm at Hutchinson Hall, University of Washington.
Tuition is $1,195 (we offer a $100 discount to students accepted through early auditions). Financial Aid is available and does not affect acceptance decisions.
You must audition to be placed in YAI. We will send you monologue options and guidelines when you make your audition appointment - (206) 443-0807 ext. 1186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday February 23 - 4:00-6:00pm (Early Acceptance)
- Saturday February 28 - 2:00-4:30pm (Early Acceptance)
- Thursday March 26 - 6:00-8:00pm
- Saturday March 28 - 4:00-6:00pm
- Saturday April 4 - 4:00-6:00pm
- Saturday April 11 - 4:00-6:00pm