Sensory Friendly Performances
Made possible by
We are pleased to present this special performance series giving children and families a world-class theatre experience modified for those with sensory needs. It's part of our mission to provide youth of all ages access to professional theatre. We understand every child is different, and strive to make this a successful trip for everyone.
Thank you, Safeco Insurance, for making these Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances possible:
Ticket Packages on sale now. Single tickets on sale August 1st!
Call the ticket office at 206.441.3322 to book your sensory friendly ticket package-available in 6, 8, or 10 ticket quantities.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show
September 30, 2018 11:00am
And in this Corner: Cassius Clay
November 11, 2018 1:00pm
The Velveteen Rabbit
December 16, 2018 11:00am
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
February 17, 2019 11:00am
April 7, 2019 11:00am
The Diary of Anne Frank
April 28, 2019 11:00am
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Each Relaxed or Sensory-Friendly Performance incorporates special modifications to accommodate audiences with sensory needs:
- Increased lighting in the seating area and house throughout the performance.
- Lower sound levels.
- Lowered seating capacities to allow for more space and movement between patrons.
- Additional trained staff on hand to provide patrons with assistance when needed.
- Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show. Tours can be scheduled with Sarahann Rickner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prompt sheets for family members to prepare before their show.
- Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance.
- Options to bring in and use special seating devices as needed.
- Fidget toys welcome.
- Refunds for tickets and cancellations made the day of show are options if necessary.
How do I purchase tickets for this special performance?
To order tickets online, please click the links above.
Box office staff are always happy to assist you and answer any questions.
Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed
All other shows (17-18 Season)
Group rates available for groups of 10 or more. Contact Sarahann Rickner at email@example.com
Box Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm (Summer hours through September 2017)
Inquiries and specific questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I need to know before I come?
Use our theatre guides, prompt sheets, and story books to help you prepare for your visit.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book: A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre.
- Parental Guide for The Lamp is the Moon : A resource for the parent or guardian on the day of the show. It contains a list of scenes within the production and highlights key moments that may be of note to a child with sensory concerns.
- Map of Charlotte Martin: Shows designated movement areas.
- Map of Eve Alvord Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
Tours of the theatre are available prior to the performance date. Please contact email@example.com to schedule your tour.