Sensory Friendly Performances
Made possible by
We are pleased to present this special performance series giving children and families a world-class theatre experience modified for those with sensory needs. It's part of our mission to provide youth of all ages access to professional theatre. We understand every child is different, and strive to make this a successful trip for everyone.
Thank you, Safeco Insurance, for making these Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances possible:
Ticket Packages on sale now
Call the ticket office at 206.441.3322 to book your sensory friendly ticket package-available in 6, 8, or 10 ticket quantities.
Single Tickets: click the link below each show title to purchase
Go, Dog. Go!
Sunday, October 29th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Sunday, December 17th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
The Little Prince
Sunday, February 4th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
The Journal of Ben Uchida: Citizen 13559
Sunday, February 25th, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed: The Rock Experience
Sunday, April 8th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
The Lamp is the Moon
Sunday, May 6th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Each Relaxed or Sensory-Friendly Performance incorporates special modifications to accommodate audiences with sensory needs:
- Increased lighting in the seating area and house throughout the performance.
- Lower sound levels.
- Lowered seating capacities to allow for more space and movement between patrons.
- Additional trained staff on hand to provide patrons with assistance when needed.
- Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show. Tours can be scheduled with Sarahann Rickner at email@example.com.
- Prompt sheets for family members to prepare before their show.
- Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance.
- Options to bring in and use special seating devices as needed.
- Fidget toys welcome.
- Refunds for tickets and cancellations made the day of show are options if necessary.
How do I purchase tickets for this special performance?
Ticket packages are available now and can be purchased online or through the box office by calling (206) 441-3322. To order single tickets online, please click the links above.
Box office staff are always happy to assist you and answer any questions.
Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed
All other shows (17-18 Season)
Group rates available for groups of 10 or more. Contact Sarahann Rickner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm (Summer hours through September 2017)
Inquiries and specific questions can be emailed to email@example.com
What do I need to know before I come?
Use our theatre guides, prompt sheets, and story books to help you prepare for your visit.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book: A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre.
- The Parental Guide for Fire Station 7: A resource for the parent or guardian on the day of the show. It contains a list of scenes within the production and highlights key moments that may be of note to a child with sensory concerns.
- Map of Charlotte Martin Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
- Map of Eve Alvord Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
Tours of the theatre are available prior to the performance date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour.