Made possible by
We are pleased to present this special performance series giving children and families a world-class theatre experience modified for those with sensory needs. It's part of our mission to provide youth of all ages access to professional theatre. We understand every child is different, and strive to make this a successful trip for everyone.
Thank you, Safeco Insurance, for making these Sensory-Friendly/Relaxed Performances possible:
Fire Station 7
Sunday, May 7th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
What is a Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Each Relaxed or Sensory-Friendly Performance incorporates special modifications to accommodate audiences with sensory needs:
- Increased lighting in the seating area and house throughout the performance.
- Lower sound levels.
- Lowered seating capacities to allow for more space and movement between patrons.
- Additional trained staff on hand to provide patrons with assistance when needed.
- Opportunities to visit the theatre prior to the show. Tours can be scheduled with Sarahann Rickner at email@example.com.
- Prompt sheets for family members to prepare before their show.
- Use of tablets, smart phones, and other electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance.
- Options to bring in and use special seating devices as needed.
- Fidget toys welcome.
- Refunds for tickets and cancellations made the day of show are options if necessary.
How do I purchase tickets for this special performance?
Tickets can be purchased online at the links above or through the box office by calling (206) 441-3322. Box office staff will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Group rates available for groups of 10 or more. Contact Sarahann Rickner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Box Office Hours:
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Thursday-Saturday from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Inquiries and specific questions can be emailed to email@example.com
What do I need to know before I come?
Use our theatre guides, prompt sheets, and story books to help you prepare for your visit.
- Sensory-Friendly Performance Story Book: A picture book that can help prepare your child for the experience of visiting Seattle Children's Theatre.
- The Parental Guide for Fire Station 7: A resource for the parent or guardian on the day of the show. It contains a list of scenes within the production and highlights key moments that may be of note to a child with sensory concerns.
- Map of Charlotte Martin Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
- Map of Eve Alvord Theatre: Shows designated movement areas.
Tours of the theatre are available prior to the performance date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your tour.