Cars for Theatre
SCT Vehicle Donation Program
Considering a new car purchase? Have a well-loved vehicle you’re still hanging on to? Turn your car, truck, RV or other vehicle (running or not) into the professional family theatre and programs you love by donating it to Seattle Children’s Theatre. It’s fast, easy, and secure!
Here's How it Works.
1. Tap the button below to fill out the online form or call 855-500-RIDE
2. Your vehicle is towed away within 24-72 hours at no cost to you
3. A tax-deductible receipt is sent to you for the value donated directly to SCT
For a complete guide to car donation click here.
What are the benefits of donating my vehicle to SCT?
- Ability to reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized.
- Avoid the costs associated with selling your car such as advertising.
- No loss of privacy or possible security risk.
- No need to pay for insurance or car repairs to keep your car in running condition while you wait for a buyer, and in some circumstances vehicle registration isn't required.
What types of vehicles do you accept?
- Most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RV's, motorcycles, off road vehicles, heavy equipment and other motorized vehicles are accepted.
How quickly can I get my vehicle picked up?
- You will be contacted within 24 hours to start the donation process. After the donation record has been created, we will reach out to you within 2 to 3 business days to schedule your pick up. If you need your vehicle picked up sooner, please call us toll-free at 855-500-RIDE (7433) as we may be able to make those arrangements.
What do you do with donated vehicles?
Donated vehicles are taken to a local sale location, where each vehicle is evaluated and major and/or minor mechanical repairs are made, when it is cost effective. Auction houses are used to sell the donated vehicles in most cases. Other means may be required for unique or specialty items that have been donated, to help ensure the maximum amount of money is received for such donation.