Ticket Policies & FAQ
Subscriptions are processed by the Ticket Office, and you will receive an email confirmation as soon as your subscription has been processed. You should see a charge to your credit card within about a week of your purchase. All subscription tickets will be mailed within one week of the order. Subscribers may schedule their performances any time after their subscription has been processed online, or by calling the ticket office at 206.441.3322, or emailing email@example.com. Subscriptions are non-refundable once they have been processed.
Single tickets are charged at the time of purchase. All sales are final. If you indicate that you would like the tickets mailed, we will mail them within two business days of the purchase date. A processing fee of $4 per ticket will be added to all main season single ticket orders (unless paid in cash at our box office).
Seattle Children's Theatre offers a free ticket exchange program for subscribers. Single ticket buyers may exchange for a fee of $4 per ticket. You may exchange your tickets according to the following guidelines. There are no refunds.
- Tickets to be exchanged must be received by the SCT Ticket Office at least 24 hours before the performance date printed on your original ticket. Exchanging your tickets at least a week in advance, however, gives SCT a better opportunity to fill your empty seats.
- Tickets may be exchanged only for another performance within the run of that play. All exchanges are subject to ticket availability.
- There is an upgrade fee if you exchange to a more expensive performance time.
- To exchange in person, simply bring your tickets to the SCT Ticket Office at Second Avenue North and Thomas Street (at the west entrance to Seattle Center) during Ticket Office hours. Reserving your replacement dates by phone in advance guarantees that we have a date that works for you.
- To exchange by email, write "VOID" on all tickets being exchanged, and send a picture or scan of the voided tickets to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To exchange by mail, call the Ticket Office to reserve tickets for another performance, then send your original tickets to:
Seattle Children's Theatre
201 Thomas St.
We will hold reserved tickets for one week; please send your tickets in promptly.
Donating Your Tickets
If you cannot attend your performance and do not wish to exchange, your tickets may be donated for tax credit. Simply return your tickets in person or by mail to the Ticket Office before the scheduled performance.
We understand that sometimes our patrons cannot attend their scheduled performance because of an emergency, a particularly busy calendar, or last minute change of plans. SCT offers the following options to accommodate patrons who miss their show.
For Single Ticket Patrons:
- You can exchange your tickets for half-price tickets to another performance of the show. Simply call the box office and select a new date. We’ll treat it like a normal exchange and the exchange fee will be half of our single ticket price.
- You can use your tickets as Standby tickets. Standby tickets can be purchased at one half hour before the performance time at the ticket office only and may not be reserved in advance. If tickets are available, replacement tickets may be purchased at $5 per ticket upon presentation of the original unused tickets. We recommend that you phone the ticket office in advance to check on availability. We will give the most accurate information we can, but cannot guarantee that tickets will be available at show time.
Please note these options are only valid before the show's closing date.
For Subscribers Only: Please contact the SCT ticket office as soon as you missed your performance. Tickets may be placed on account and used for another performance or another production in the season as long as those tickets are moved prior to the scheduled production's closing performance. For example, if your tickets for Mr. Popper’s Penguins go unused, please contact the Box Office prior to December 31st to move them to another performance or production. Once the production has closed, we are unable to move the tickets to a future show.
Ticket Office Information:
(206) 441-3322 | email@example.com
June 1 - September 2, 2018
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
September 3, 2018 - May 31, 2019
Tuesday, Wednesday 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Wednesdays open until 4:00 PM during performance times)
Thursday, Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Thursdays and Fridays open at the ticket window until 7:30 PM during performance times)
Saturday 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM (4:00 PM during the run of Balloonacy and The Diary of Anne Frank)
Please note that our Ticket Office staff may turn the phones off occasionally during these hours in order to assist with school or public performances. If you reach the voicemail during our open hours, please leave a message and our staff will return your call as soon as possible.
What are the times of public performances?
Performance times may vary by show or during certain times of year. Check show pages or our calendar for specifics. In general our show times are:
Wednesdays at 3:30 PM (when available)
Saturdays at 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM (2:00 PM and 4:30 PM for Balloonacy, 12:00 PM and 4:30 PM for The Diary of Anne Frank)
Sundays at 11:00 AM and 2:30 PM (1:00 PM and 4:30 PM for And in This Corner: Cassisus Clay, 11:00 AM and 3:30 PM for Balloonacy and The Diary of Anne Frank)
How much are single tickets for public performances?
Adults: $20 to $45*
Children (Ages 1-18): $20 to $40*
Tickets are required for children 12 months and older.
Prices depend on the day and time of performance. All sales are final. Exchanges are subject to availability and additional fees and must be done prior to your scheduled performance.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
When can I buy single tickets for the 2018-19 season?
August 1st, 2018.
Are there ticketing fees associated?
Yes, There is a $4 per ticket processing fee for all single ticket purchases. Subscribers do not pay any processing fees or exchange fees. All tickets include a $1 facility fee that goes toward maintaining our world-class facilities.
Is there a way for me to avoid these processing fees?
Processing fees are waived for subscribers, or by purchasing your tickets with cash directly from the box office.
The $1 facility fee will not be waived. This fee goes toward maintaining and updating our facilities for your comfort (this includes heating/cooling, chair cushion and flooring replacement, bathroom updates, etc.)
How much for student matinee tickets? (only available for weekday, school show matinees)
$13 - $15 each for teachers, chaperones, and students. For more information, visit our School Groups page.
Do you offer rush seating?
We offer rush tickets to select public performances. These tickets go on sale one-hour to each performance time, upon availability. Tickets must be purchased in person at the Ticket Office and are half-price. Rush tickets are only available in limited quantities, and cannot be combined with any other discount. SCT cannot guarantee rush tickets will be available for all performances.
Do you offer military discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts to qualifying members of the military. Click here for Blue Star Theatre details.
Do you offer senior discounts?
Yes, we offer a senior discount for individuals 65 and older on single tickets. Please call the ticket office at 206.441.3322. You will need to show ID when you retrieve your tickets.
Can I redeem gift certificates or coupons online?
No, unless the offer or coupon has a specific online promotional code listed, coupons and gift certificates must be redeemed by calling or visiting the SCT box office.
Are my tickets refundable?
Unfortunately, all ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets may be exchanged (subject to availability) or transferred.
Are there two different theatres at SCT?
Yes! Often there are two plays being performed at the same time for different ages of audience in the Charlotte Martin and Eve Alvord Theatres.
Call the Ticket Office if you are unsure of which theatre is running the play you wish to see: (206) 441-3322. The Eve Alvord Theatre seats 300; The Charlotte Martin Theatre seats 482.
Are there two sections of seating for public performances at SCT?
No. Both the Charlotte Martin and Eve Alvord Theatres have general admission seating, so ticket holders can choose any available seat. Subscribers have the advantage of accessing the theatre 15 minutes earlier than single ticket buyers for preferred seating.